Monday, January 31, 2011

January Book List

This is my reading list for January. I think I am going to do up a post like this every month, and maybe this will help me keep track of all the books I read this year. I have a little notebook at home that I write in as well (one of those "what I read" books) but here I will be able to share with the world my books, and keep me accountable and on track with my goal for the year: 52 BOOKS!

The Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
Miss Wyoming by Douglas Coupland
The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson (loaner from naomi)
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (loaner from my lil sis...she hasn't even read it yet!)

I recommend: All of them

Most Favourite: I thought it was going to be Her Fearful Symmetry. This is the lady who wrote The Time Traveler's Wife which is one of my most all-time favourite books, but I just didn't feel the same about this one. So my Most Favourite this month is The Flying Troutmans!

Least FavouriteThe Girl Who Played with Fire
*****


Next month...

Amy lent me a bunch of books from her collection on the express threat of dismemberment if I don't return them (that is, if I lose them...I think she was mostly worried about that! She is my sister, so she has seen my house and she knows what she's getting in to.)

Naomi said she would lend me the last in "The Girl" series. And I have lost a book she lent me before. And then I bought a new one to replace it. And then I found the original (and we swapped). She's so lovely that's she giving me a second chance!

*****
I am still taking recommendations. What is your all-time favourite book? (Kirsten, I'm specifically/figuratively looking at you for this. "Figuratively" because this is a blog and I'm not actually looking at you as I write this. Got it?)

I like classics. I don't like "mysteries," whatever the heck that means. I like sci-fi, but only because I'm expecting it to be so bad it's good, and it usual delivers. I'm well read (Chomsky-shudder), but I like a good piece of trash as well! I usually just pick from the "Fiction" department at my local book store, and I am a sucker for a great cover! Therefore, I have also experienced first hand the adage: "you can't always judge a book by its cover."

later skater alligator

1 comment:

  1. Hrmmm... so many! I can't remember what you've read and I'm too lazy to go back and search your blog...
    Lurve: "Kit's Law" Donna Morrisey, "I Know this Much is True" Wally Lamb, "The Glass Castle" Jeanette Wall, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time" Mark Haddon, "Fall Your Knees" Ann Marie McDonald, "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn,"A Fine Balance" Rohinton Mistry, "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" Mary Ann Schaefer, Author Guy Gavriel Kay had written a good fantasy series says my friend at work who's standing with me. Is that good for now?

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!