Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday DIY - Fashion Friendly

This is styled after all those fancy, chunky necklaces I've been seeing online lately. I'm always thinking: "why can't I do that?" So I did...
 I grabbed an old bandana (that was destined for donation) and a scarf of Heather's (from the 80s? she was cleaning out her closet) and whipped this bad boy up yesterday. Which was Friday, and even though the post is going up today (which is Saturday) I am still calling it a Friday DIY, because my intentions were pure!
To make the "lumps" in the light blue bandana, I grabbed the leftover cases from Lucas' discarded Kinder Surprise eggs and wrapped them in the fabric before tying knots at either end of the lump (so they couldn't escape). I used the purple scarf to help keep those lumps in place and make the piece look more layered.
The only problem is, those Kinder Surprise eggs are yellow, and my fabric is just thin enough that the lumps have a yellow tinge to them. Oh well...it was still fun to wear!

later skater alligator

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!