Friday, January 21, 2011

Fast Forward to Friday...

And I have three days of winter wardrobe for you! I've been saving them up for one big post, because I seem to be kind of "post-happy" this week!

I was checking out some other blogs the other day and I saw a picture of a bunch of contemporaries all dressed in grey, white, black and varying shades of other neutrals. And I thought...oh gosh...that's how I've been dressing lately. Bland!

So I immediately started pulling coloured items out of the back of my closet and putting them up front. I don't want the winter blahs invading my non-fashion. The brighter colours I wear, the better my mood!


Outfit #1. Monday
Sweater:
Shirt: Reitmans (ages ago)
Skirt: Thirfted
Tights: The Bay
*****

Outfit #2: Tuesday
Sweater, tshirt, skirt: all thrifted
Scarf: some mall store in the states
Tights: Joe from Superstore
Bracelet: BauXo (local, craft show) 
I'm also wearing yellow beads that you can't see
I took this photo super fast after we got home from work. The furnace was off and it was 14.5 degrees in the house, so I was trying to get into warm clothes as fast as possible!
*****


Outfit #3: Wednesday
Sweater: Joe from Superstore
Skirt/dress: thrifted
Jeggings: Addition-Elle
Necklace: handmade from thrifted beads and Pink Paislee flowers


I'm still trying to find a good place inside to take photos, but it's just not happening. By the time I get home at night there is no daylight left, so I am stuck with using the lamps in the house. I also don't have a tripod, or a husband who is willing to take goofy pictures of me, or a good place to stick the camera while I set the timer and run.

So you're left with these blurry, dark, half-body shots that are mostly just ridiculous. But what would my blog be, if it weren't a little ridiculous.

Those last two photos I took at work, and they turned out kind of okay! Looks like I might be bringing the Behemoth to work for my future fashion posts. Good thing I have a door in my office...people already think me quite the weirdo, and I don't need to be giving them absolute proof!

Speaking of work...here's a little view of my workstation.
yeah. It's awesome. I know. I have a view of the "gentleman's club" from my window. yippee.

*****
Also, I have some pants for sale. I bought these on a whim at Goodwill the other day. They looked nice, no holes or stains. They were in my size! And they said "plus" which is really my size! So I brought them home with me and then tried them on...that was the wrong order.

They are tiny. I think "16" means "you must be sixteen to wear these jeans" or is some kind of weird Japanese sizing or something. So if you are in need of some new-to-you jeans, please check these out!
They are so cute, and the detailing on them is really great. But, again, they are tiny...on my big butt. Yep.

*****
DIY later? Only if you say please!

later skater alligator

4 comments:

  1. Please? I love your sense of style, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Chez Pierre?? If so I had that same view a few weekends ago during a grown up night out! We giggled about going to Chez Pierre instead of playing Rock Band in someone's apartment (hence the view)

    Also, that's the best use of a Reitman's shirt I've ever seen. And the colours make me want to wear colours today....so I'm gonna attempt that....along with being prepared for tobogganing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is totally Chez Pierre. Yay me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is totally the sweetest work view ever!! WIN!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!