Friday, November 19, 2010

Working Out isn't working out...

I was so good this time last year. And it lasted well into the Spring. I felt better than I have ever felt before. I had more energy and I looked great! And then summer hit. And we were busier than we've been in a long time! And most nights I just wanted to hang out, or go out. So working out got put on the back burner. And then eating good got put on the same back burner. And now I have chocolate bars in my desk and I'm lamenting this little paunch I'm putting back on! ACK!

So I'm making a commitment to myself to get back into the swing of things THIS WEEK! But I have a feeling that my standard work out time of right after Lucas is in bed might have to change. It was working out okay when I was in the mood. But there are too many excuses that I can come up with not to follow through with it.

So I am going to see if a first-thing-in-the-morning work out routine might have to make it's way into my life. Problem is, I am so not a morning person. In fact, I'm the exact opposite of that. I used to have to wake up at 4:30 so I could work the early shift at Intuit (6am to 2pm...my lunch was before most people were even at work! The cafeteria was still only serving breakfast). Can you believe it? Gosh, I lived it and can barely believe it! I figure if I can adjust my routine by just the slightest degree, I can wake up just before 7 (yikes!), workout, then be done before Lucas needs me. I'm hoping this helps my energy level throughout the day, and doesn't hurt it (I have a love-hate relationship with afternoon naps). This also means that I would have to be in bed earlier, which will be a huge adjustment.

Any tips or tricks from my more exercise-savvy friends out there? Any funny stories about being up early??

I will keep you apprised of my progress...whatever that might be!

This totally counts as a Friday DIY...a non-crafty one mind you. It's my Do-It-Yourself Exercise Regime Change...stop making fun of me...

later skater alligator

on a side note...

thanks to such sweet tierney for posting this!

1 comment:

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!