Saturday, November 06, 2010

Wishing Well

I wish I was better at sewing. I can look at a piece of clothing and see how it would fit me better or flatter my figure more, if only it was altered. But I cannot alter or tailor clothes to save my life! I have a couple of skirts that are in desperate need to hemming, but I just can't bring myself to cut into them, because then I would be wrecking a couple of perfectly good skirts! I need something junky to test my skills on...it's funny because all of my skirts are thrifted, but I still consider them too nice to mess around with!

I wish I was more organized. I have high hopes for myself, and every once and awhile I get in gear and make a go at this new life...and then it promptly falls apart when I have to change tasks or find something in the stash that doesn't have an immediate home. It goes in a pile with a bunch of other homeless items, and then I end up with a sort of clean room with a pile of junk in the centre of it that I can't find space for. Also, I can't throw things away for fear I might need them later...that doesn't help much either!

I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator. Why do something today that you can put off until tomorrow? Or the next day? Or the next. It's kind of terrible sometimes. Unless it is something I am super passionate or excited about, you can pretty much forget about it getting done in good time. Due dates can't even save me anymore...there is always some excuse (and I hate excuses). Dude. Argh!

I wish my hair didn't do that thing at the back. That cockatoo-cockatiel thing. It's a very distracting reflection in the window at work. And now that I'm actually putting some effort toward styling it, this makes me even more put out. On the plus side, "red" is the best thing to ever happen to my hair! And the crap I'm using in my hair lasts and lasts and lasts...best 5-bucks I ever spent 5 years ago!

You heard it hear first, don't forget.

later skater alligator

p.s. Nadine...had that baby yet??

1 comment:

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!