Thursday, October 14, 2010

Twisted Sketches

The Sketch this week is so awesome! And the twist is "hole"...there are a lot of possibilities there!

Journaling reads:
September 23rd, 2010.
I celebrated my birthday with a beer and brisket at this tiny restaurant in Portland.
I have a new appreciation for the term
hole in the wall
Supply List
- Pattern paper is Sassafras (not sure which line, some old some newer)
- Rub ons are Hambly (lace and chandelier), My Mind's Eye (coloured numbers), 7Gypsies, Stampin' Up, and unknown (that white mess stuff)
- Brads are new My Mind's Eye (dinosaur...ha ha) and Creative Cafe by Creative Imaginations
- Letter stickers are my new favourite wood grain from Hambly...they are awesome! And Jenni Bowlin (also awesome!)
- I also used an old VHS label sticker and some lime green Dotto Mesh
Here's a fun technique you might be interested in...
Try layering your rub ons! The grouping at the top of the photo (pictured above) are all different rub ons from different packages (and companies). By layering them together, not only do they look like they were made that way originally, they make a much larger impact then if they were left on their own.

The coloured numbers below the photo came in the package like that, but this look would be easy enough to replicate using individual rub ons or sticker letters.

Rub ons are my new favourite embellishment!

Check out all the other sketches here...and...

later skater alligator

3 comments:

  1. LOVING your hair art, head embellishments....love love love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the full "instructions" on making one of these for yourself, check out this post:

    http://notladylike.blogspot.com/2010/07/friday-diy-and-winner.html

    later skater alligator

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an amazing layout. I love the random placement of things...the numbers, the journaling, etc. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!