Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Favourite Re-Vamp

I love taking something old and crummy and making it new and shiny and just mine!

Take these ugly cannisters I picked up at the Salvation Army thrift store last week. They were scummy and dirty and the worst 80s yellow colour! But they are such a great shape and that shiny top was just too good to pass up. Also, it was $5 for the set!
So I scrubbed and scrubbed all the gunk off, grabbed my trusty black shiny spray paint and gave these guys new life.

It's too bad it was so windy out...my paint job isn't the best! But they look so great now!

I had been looking for a nice set of metal canisters for ages, and now I have just the right set for me! I just have to figure out what to do with the brown plastic handles in the lids now.

This update has given me new inspiration on redoing the rest of the kitchen...I can't wait to get started.

**updated: I went and spent a retarded amount of moola at IKEA yesterday to help organize my otherwise unorganized kitchen. Spice racks and jars, and containers for my pantry. I love where things are headed and with all the saving I've been doing lately, we might be able to afford our kitchen reno sooner rather than later! EEK! Now it's just a matter of the choosing and the doing...that's the part I'm the worst at...I'm definitely a planner at heart! Not a follow-through-er.

later skater alligator

1 comment:

  1. thought of you - http://www.dudecraft.com/2010/10/framework.html

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!