Monday, May 31, 2010

I finally watched the series finale of Lost, and...

And I have no idea what I think. I know that I am very emotional about it...I cried a lot and I feel sad today, but also happy!?!? I dunno. The way everything ended with the characters was kind of amazing and beautiful, if you ignore all the inconsistencies with the characters that were "chosen" or whatever you want to call it.

this man's post, sums up my feelings kind of perfectly:

"The ending was emotionally satisfying, but not intellectually satisfying. To me the mythology of Lost was a critical element to the appeal of the show, and in the end anyone needing a sense of intellectual closure was left high and dry. Turns out the series was an elaborate soap opera in which the compelling mysteries were just a prop"
(found on this Lost forum )

I also agree with my friend Sarah's intrepretation of the entire series and the role played by the finale. She feels the show was mainly about the characters and their experiences, whether they were on the Island or not. Therefore, the ending was just perfect!
 
I guess I should just move on and get on with it...I still have seasons 3 through 6 to actually watch! HA! And I might re-watch seasons 1 and 2, because I really loved Lost back then. Or maybe I should just find a less-emotionally stimulating program to watch. Remember what happened with Torchwood? (I got a little obsessed and finally just deleted all the saved episodes from my DVR and cancelled the series recording...)

k. will be back tomorrow with something more fun, and maybe some baby shower pics! yay!

later skater alligator

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!