Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy New Year

and welcome to the future!


Oh my, 2010, where have you been all my life?


This year, February to be exact, Russ and I will have known each other for 10 years. 10 years ago next month we were going on our first date and getting to known each other and giggling and holding hands and falling in love. I guess we're still doing all of those things...the giggling is mostly still me! i love my sweet better half.



I have been reading a lot of other Bloggers goals and aspirations for the year. I haven't made it to Ali's or other "Worders" out there, but there are a lot of inspirational years unfolding as we speak! Elsie gave herself a mini goal this week and if she accomplishes it, she gets a prize! I really like this way of thinking! So this week my goal is to work out every day. And my prize is yet to be determined! Maybe a sweet set of head phones, or a new pair of sneakers, or an Etsy shopping trip!

But seriously I do want to continue being a good goal setter and accomplisher this year...okay this month at least! I did set and achieve a minor point on my to-do list last week: I finished 10 art journal pages! Slick. In my new "studio". Slick!

Life is returning to normal. Back to work. Back to school. Back to our schedule, as loosy-goosy as it is. Swimming starts in a month. Thinking about yoga. Thinking about a cooking class.

Now I will open some mail and keep going with my day. Waiting on Toshiba repair man. Wondering why the government is so insane with their interest charges...I get the notice that says I owe interest. I put a cheque in the mail. Then I get another notice that says thanks for the cheque, but you still owe $1.50 in interest for the time it took for your cheque to get here. Send money now! Oh, and that took three notices in three envelopes with six extra envelopes inside, in case I, y'know, don't have my own.

I really want to be crafty this week...I think I say that every week...but this time I mean to do something about it! I really needed a BROWN SCARF this season. And I got mittens that are so warm and wonderful but don't match any scarves I currently own. So I am going to make my own gosh darnit! I'm thinking green...wait and see how far this goes! Knitting needles here I come...

later skater alligator

p.s. fun mail is coming. new technique this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!