Sunday, December 13, 2009

Yumm Yumm Yarn

I have been playing with my yarn this morning. I made a really long finger-knitted garland last night while watching tv, and a smaller one this morning at work. I need to get better yarn...it's on my Christmas list...really thick stuff! And that gets me thinking about how one would go about storing yarn...which leads me to...


[source]

[source]


[source]

[source]


[source]

But I really do need to learn to knit properly, and follow a pattern and what not. I would love to learn how to make these...


or warm socks of any kind.


I would also like to try my hand at felting things...



I would much rather be cuddled up at home with Russel, watching our pvr'd shows that we need to catch up on, drinking organic honey & ginger tea (with extra honey, good call Angel!). But instead I was at work at 8am, in the -40 foggy cold, and am now searching cozy items on weheartit. oh well.


i have an idea with the finger-knitted garland...I am going to make a couple more in the same colour, then braid them together. should make them a little more sturdy? durable? whatever.


other Christmas craft ideas:
- more wreaths, I need more wreaths...am thinking tinsel garland, felt, etc.
- never did get started on those felt trees...but my mom made me a giant cone and wrapped it in red paper so I might have a go at decorating that this week
- paper snowflakes...might have to google some real patterns, mine always look the same and very square
-this is the answer to my fabric banner prayers!


I still haven't finished my Christmas cards! Gasp! I had an error with getting the photo printed and my ego was bruised so I just stopped thinking about it. But the photos are ready to be picked up from the "Friendly" People at Superstore, so I will head there after work. Maybe kill two birds with one stone and pick up a dinner item as well. Am sick to death of leftovers this week. Why is it that I am the only person in my house who eats them?



Have been thinking about home decor stuff...again. I might try finding a "look" I can create easy enough and keep looking good. That's a New Years project.
One thing that would make it on the list is a metal headboard. Vintage, not new and shiny. I would love one of those, but for cheap...I still need bedroom furniture, but I only want a "new" headboard!



and since i've been doing so much webbering today, and I am afraid I will never find some of these sweet sites again, here is your re-cap:

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/entertaining/felt-foliage-102396


note to Lisa (that's me!): take those old appliques, scan them, buy some printable iron on paper and get going!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking my blog on yours! I am glad you enjoyed! Your picture choices are great...I would love to get a little more creative in the decor department & I'm enjoying your ideas! Hope you enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!