Monday, June 29, 2009

"no one's gonna save you from the beast that's 'bout to strike"

I have been so busy with work that I haven't had time to feel sorry for myself lately...which is both good and bad: good that I haven't been feeling sorry for myself, but bad because I am so busy with work that it wipes me right out and i have no energy to do anything when i get home. It's mostly just annoying. And my house is a mess, and I have no desire or motivation to clean it...at all. All my art and scrapbooking stuff is in disarray, and while I have managed to complete some pages I haven't been painting which makes me sad.

Also, I have never been able to imagine myself at a job for the long-term. A couple of years, yes. but not ten and certainly not forever! With my "new" job at the dentist's I can see and feel the expectation that I am going to be here for the long term. When someone retires, I'll just fill the void. I'm just really anxious about this.


Anyhoo, on to a lighter subject...CRAFT!

I want to "create" more than ever as of late. And anything goes!

here are some fun websites I've found:
Pimp Stitch
Handmade and Homebaked
KC...this one's for you! A free pattern! Plus this site has lots of other cool ones!
Design Sponge
Tiny Things are Cute

Things I want "so badly"...
- to be part of the indie craft/art/DIY/handmade community in Edmonton (if it exists)

- start it if it doesn't!!

- to do some embroidery, starting with something simple using one of the lovely plastic hoops I bought for el-cheap-o at my "on-the-way-home-from-work-sort-of" Value Village

- to paint my DR walls and install my Expedit shelves (this week...cross my finger!)...I've been trying to get an image of the colour I want, but the Behr website is all Flash, so you can just save a picture. Plus, my computer is really slow today, so it's already taking forever. You'll just have to imagine Garlic Clove #390C-2 for yourself!

- have people over for dinner (chicken, naan bread, tzatziki...yum yum)

- to print some wedding photos and stick them on the already completed pages I have waiting for them

- to buy a rad typewriter and write some letters (too pricey for right now...maybe I need to start entering the lotto!)
- and there's a lot more, but just getting those done would be great!

Bought Lucas a bike yesterday...we'll see if he wants to ride it tonight, or like, ever! it's yellow and a Tonka Monster Bike, and has forks and a hand brake and suspension, and a rad chain guard, and is very awesome! Grandpa was the most excited, then Momma, then a tie between Lucas and Poppa.

I saw a nice bike at Canadian Tire that I like, for around $220. It's red and white and it has rad fenders and a little rack at the back. There were also some nice ones at this small bike shoppe in Mill Woods (Sport and Cycle or something), and they are mostly used so less $$$!! Which me likey! This one is very lovely...should try and find it!! Dad doesn't get why I need a new bike, cause mine is about a year old. But bikes are supposed to fit you, and mine doesn't so my legs hurt, and my back and shoulders really hurt when I ride. I know it was a gift and everything, but...

Am waiting desperately for my payroll papers to come today...am hoping everything went okay on friday!

I'm going to go be me now (am done being Dianne for now)...sop maybe I'll continue this post up front during lunch!

later

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!