Monday, May 25, 2009

"Not all those who wander are lost"

I finished my canvas. The one that I posted a picture of here on Friday. I have really been inspired by some of Elsie's paintings and images lately, so I added a "diamond" and a sort of treasure map X, with a line from a Tolkien poem written for the Lord of the Rings trilogy. In it's entirety:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king


I really like the first line. Some things that are precious to you might not always show it. Plus it kind of went with my diamond thing! I'll take a pic tonight and post when I can. I also started another painting with some more diamonds I cut out of woodgrain pattern paper. With a Metric song lyric to go with...and I'm not totally happy with it so I think it's going to get a person painted over it. We'll see how that goes.

Also, I FOUND MY iPOD!! I am so happy!! I actually cried when I pulled it out of the pile of toys I had just dumped on the ground! Yes, you read that right. It was in one of Lucas' toy bins...he put it away for me! We were cleaning up on Sunday, separating toys into "keep" and "giveaway" piles so I dumped everything out on the carpet and there it was! I am so relieved. Last week was very stressful...anytime I was at home I was looking and searching and cleaning and stressing. It's good to have it back!




This morning im excited by Alice in Wonderland...Tim Burton is currently filming a movie to be released next spring/summer. Can I wait that long? I guess I have to now that I know it's coming!

There are lots of wonderful actors in it...the standard British crowd plus Tim Burton regulars (Depp, Bonham Carter).



Elsie's Wonderland art journal was re-released for sale, as well as her Neverland one, and one other that I can't remember. I still haven't used all the parts from my Wonderland set. It is too awesome! I don't remember when the Neverland first came out, but it also looks totally awesome and if I had an extra $32US laying around I would snatch one up! You can find them on redvelvetart.com.

Also found this other cool all-things-Alice site: http://www.alice-in-wonderland.net/ DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE...I HAD WEIRD SPYWARE/SPYBOT/TROJAN THINGS HAPPEN TO ME...EEK...AND WHILE IT'S PROBABLY NOTHING AND YOU WOULD PROBABLY BE SAFE IF YOU HAVE ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE WHICH MY COMPUTER AT WORK DOESN'T FOR SOME CRAZY REASON...BUT BE SAFE!! AND WHEN IN DOUBT, CALL MY HUSBAND!!!



and thanks to the Beholder for my morning inspiration eye candy!

Warren Dykeman:



Jennifer Sanchez:




Ryan Kapp:



Matthew Curry (my fave today):



g'day to y'all

1 comment:

  1. I love that poem...thing...saying...

    Your hilarious, why post the link if Im not supose to click it! Miss you dear!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!