Thursday, February 14, 2008

A cool idea






So I am always at a loss how to keep and store the handmade cards I get for Christmas (and birthdays and V-Day, etc.). But I came up with this sweet idea just this morning!! I keep all of the envelopes that my cards come in, if they're still in good shape, so I just punched some holes in 3 of them and stuck them at the end of the album I'm making from my Christmas pics this year.


It works really well with D-ring albums, as these guys allow for bulky things and can expand pretty well. Not sure how it would work with post bound.


Include one (or two or ten, okay maybe not ten!) of these little envelopes in your scrapbook album(s) for the year and just keep adding cards as you go. This would also be cool for a special birthday or anniversary or wedding album when you get a lot of cards that you would like to keep, but would take up so much room somewhere else in the house. You could even decorate the envelopes to match the album!


I am so SMART!
P.S. This would also be cool for little memorabilia-type things that you want to keep to go with your photos, but won't fit on a scrapbook page. Example: wedding programs, concert tickets, school stuff, etc.
I am totally so SMART! What is with that!?!?
P.P.S. I am totally not into finishing my Christmas book right now! I need a crop so I can go and just get 'er done and then put it aside and love it forever. I am not looking forward to getting back to it. Too many other rad pics I would rather be embellishing!

1 comment:

  1. Have i mentioned your brilliant... I am totally going to do this with my cards.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!