Monday, December 17, 2018

December Daily 2018


This year's December Daily mini album is coming along very smoothly - it almost feels like I'm jinxing it by saying that. But honestly, every year I do one of these, I learn new lessons about WHY I do this and WHAT I want to get out of it when I'm done.

Here we go with WEEK ONE...


The name of the game - again - this year is KEEP IT SIMPLE. Photo, words, word sticker, move on. I always add our holiday card (and letter), and this year I want to especially focus on getting more photos of people, myself included.


As you can see, I haven't done a lot of activities that are "on theme" for the month. And to be honest, thank goodness for that. When I look at all the festivals and festivities that are scheduled to hit Edmonton this month, my anxiety starts waving at me and running in a swervy line to the front of my brain. NO THANK YOU! Now, while trying to be intentional about what events I attend this year, I have inadvertently done none of them, and now I am running out of time (here comes anxiety again...). I'm still trying to find a balance, but I am going to keep enjoying myself while I work that out!


"Stocking Stuffers for Seniors" is one of my favourite traditions. A big thanks to Operation Friendship Seniors Society for organizing it. and making sure our inner city seniors receive their gifts. This year Constance got a few books, a cozy blanket, and some toiletries.


I am still reluctant to use our label maker - what if I mess up! - but I wanted something easy and flat to cover the tabs in this binder. I thought this was a fitting touch, and a sweet line from an excellent Christmas song. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - sung by Just Garland - is from one of my favourite Christmas movies: "Meet Me in St Louis".

And that's the first week! Check back next week for week two.

xo

FURTHER READING
Operation Friendship Seniors Society in Edmonton is always looking for donations and volunteers!
My 2018 Intro post
My album from 2016 is the first December Daily I ever finished!
Some DEEP THOUGHTS on the pressure of a December Daily
All of my December Daily posts are here.
A little background and intro from the creator of December Daily - Ali Edwards - is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!