Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Art for the Mantle, Art for the Season




Springtime calls for a new, fresh look. The winter canvas headed to the basement, and I created a bright design to match my goofy little banner. These colours are so fresh and cheerful. Reminds me of what is to come, once the tulips start poking through the ground, and the buds on the apple tree in our yard burst open.

I love spring. I love winter. I love all the seasons. Life is what you make of it.

"Come with me into the woods where spring is. advancing, as it does, no matter what, not being singular or particular, but one. of the forever gifts, and certainly visible." - Mary Oliver

xo
Lis

FURTHER READING

Art looks like many different things in my life. I have collected all of my art-related posts under one tag, which you can access here.

One of my favourite themes that I keep coming back to is what I call "Big Messy Flowers." This restyled vintage record stand is one of the favourite favourites.


Painting Details


  • Canvas measures 27 inches square
  • Assorted acrylic paints
  • "Neocolour" watersoluble pastels by Caran D'Ache
  • Stencils by Balzer Designs (Crafter's Workshop)

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!