Saturday, March 07, 2020

Art Night Evolves


One of my BIG GOALS for 2020 was to level up Art Night. I brainstormed some pretty lofty ideas! It was an exciting time in my head, and I forgot for a moment what made Art Night so lovely just as it is. So I let go of my ego, and let go of my control (a little). And I remembered the whole point of Art Night in the 1st place!


All is not lost though, and I am moving ahead with some of the great ideas I had. Albeit at a more gradual pace. This includes providing a pre-selected, read-to-go project. It is my way of hopefully making Art Night more accessible/available to more people.

Our first project back in February was "Love postcards". And this week I had some DIY wrapping paper on deck. It's a fine line to walk between choosing a craft that is easy to learn for beginners, interesting and fun for experienced crafters, can be fully accomplished in a short evening, and doesn't cost a lot of (or any) money.


REAL TALK

Some days Art Night feels so small and silly. And I feel small and silly for putting so much of my time and my self into it. And then my friends and moms come over, and chat and laugh, and make a new friend, and maybe make something crafty. And I know that this may be a small thing, but it is absolutely not silly. I will probably never #DO BIG THINGS, but I can make sure my close community feels cared for. And that's not nothing.


YOU'RE ALWAYS INVITED

Art Night meets every 2 weeks or so around my dining table. It is very casual (oh so very casual). I always have tea, and usually have snacks. Once a month I even put together a little ready-to-go craft. So all you have to do is bring your sweet self.

xo, Lisa

FURTHER READING

All Art Night dates are posted here.
I wrote this little intro to Art Night and I think I am getting closer to being able to properly describe the magic that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!