Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Lisa Reads 2019 - An Update



Aside from the fact that my book counts don't match up, I'm chugging along just fine toward my goal of 52 books read in 2019.

RECENT FAVOURITES
There have only been a few duds lately, which I am super grateful for.

  • Early Riser by Jasper Fforde, his latest and very on brand for him!
  • In the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant, a tasty fantasy-horror with mermaids...deadly mermaids!
  • All Systems Red by Martha Wells is a super fun and tense novella about a rogue android who just wants to be left in peace to watch their fave TV shows
  • The Nature Fix by Florence Williams is my go-to recommended book right now


WHAT'S ON DECK?

  • Some history books about Czechoslovakia
  • The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
  • The Huntress by Kate Quinn

What are you reading this summer?

xo
Lisa

p.s. I'm (clearly) still alive and kicking, but haven't felt like posting anything here in awhile. Which is fine. Things change, people change...

2 comments:

  1. I have The Huntress on my table right now. How was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!