Sunday, November 25, 2018

Adventure in Mexico

Last week Dan, Lucas & I joined my family for an Adventure in Mexico! We stayed at an all-inclusive resort - Sandos Caracol - for a week, ate lots of food, and got in a tonne of pool time.



Overall, it was a good trip and so refreshing to get away, but traveling with family is hard. There are nine people that have to decide when and where to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, which pool to go to, whether or not to go into town, how to get there and when....and on and on.

That combined with all the different personalities, and things got a bit stressful for me.



I found that it really helped having rooms in separate buildings, so we could each go back to our own spaces at the end of the day. And any moment that was available to hang back from the group, swim to a different part of the pool, or literally take a different path, I took advantage of it.

I love my family, and while in hindsight this vacation was significant for me in allowing me some distance from my everyday life-stressors, it did bring up some anxieties. And it has me looking at my time and who I choose to spend my time with differently.

I don't yet know what this means now that I am back home, but I do cherish and respect the lessons learned and the thoughts I am now sitting with.

And traveling always puts in mind the desire to travel more, so I am excited to put the next plans in place!

Where should I go next?
What are your experiences traveling with family?

FURTHER READING
Recent vacations with my parents (as an adult) include Disney World with my dad & stepmom in 2015. I posted some scrapbooking layouts and thoughts here and here from that trip.

And this summer we headed to Jasper with the Mexico group. I haven't scrapbooked that trip yet, as the emotions from it are still fresh, but you can see some photos here, and read my thoughts on an important friendship.

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures but my fav is the "couples" one. You all look so incredibly happy! ♥

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!