Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tuesday Link List


Seems that I cannot get enough of articles about cycling!
Cycling is Key to Safer, Healthier, More Vital Cities - City Lab

Why Does the School Day End Two Hours Before The Workday? - The Atlantic

In other "why is this still a thing?" news:
Conversion therapy for transgender students ignored by Alta. gov't says Lutheran school official - CBC News

Soccer Mom Hate - Medium
Misogyny AND internalized misogyny is so real.

I have been reading a lot of news about the supreme court hearings happening in the US right now, and a lot of spin off articles about the state of our discussion and understanding of sexual assault. Here are some of my reading materials on this subject (please note ALL have content warnings for sexual assault):

The Brett Kavanaugh Case Shows We Still Blame Women For The Sins of Men - The Guardian (Rebecca Solnit, opinion)

Why I Find The Kavanaugh/Ford Case so Unsettling - The Guardian (Nesrine Malik, opinion)

Why Women's Rage is Healthy, Rational and Necessary For America - The Washington Post (Carlos Lozada, book review)

The US Believes in Everything But Women - Medium (Sady Doyle)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!