Thursday, February 08, 2018

One Little Word 2017 - Documented in Art

There were a few pages in my 2017 album that were a bit more "artsy" than the rest of the pages (which were very text-heavy), so I thought I would share them separately.

Oh July. I didn't do any other prompts or work in my book in July. In fact, this page wasn't done until months (and months) later. I kind of messed up the writing, but otherwise it turned out okay!

MATERIALS USED:
Gesso, stencil & spray ink, gold paint, alcohol ink, gold glitter embossing powder, Derwent Art Bar

I believe this next one is November's prompt, to write a letter to yourself. And then make it fancy.

MATERIALS USED:
Stencil & ink, alcohol ink, Derwent Art Bar, spray ink

I can't remember which month's prompt this next layout corresponds to, but I do remember that the activity was to find song lyrics (or quotes) that related to your word, or helped you explore your word. I am a big fan of Dale Carnegie (How to Make Friends and Influence People), so the quote on the right was an easy add.
There are four stamps on this page from my 100 Days of Stamp Carving project that I completed last summer.

The back and front covers are some of my favourite parts of this book, and I am still very proud of how they turned out. I hadn't done art like this in a long time, and I was working through a major block. I grabbed some of my favourite supplies - gesso, a stencil, water soluble pencil, spray ink - and just started messing around.

MATERIALS USED:
Gesso, stencil, gold paint, spray ink, water soluble pencil
It was fun to add a little bit more of my style to this album. I really liked that the lessons in Ali Edwards' OLW workshop were broad enough that you could interpret them not only according to your style, but to the way you were documenting your Word for the year, whether that be in a scrapbook, a journal, or in your head.

If you have chosen a Word for the year, how do you document it? I am doing something much more "artistic" this year to document my word, and I am interested to learn how other people explore and document their word.


FURTHER READING
Ali Edwards - One Little Word Intro
A full flipthrough of this book is posted here.
All of my One Little Word posts over the years can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!