Hey folks. I have learned over the years - especially those years I as a "fashion blogger" - that people enjoy looking at pictures of other people wearing clothes.
Now, I'm no professional or anything. I don't have a tripod, or a real camera, or a team of stylists behind the images.
I just stick my phone on the nearest flat surface, set the timer, and hope for the best. And I am usually very satisfied with the results!
Why do I do this, you ask? Some (old dudes) might say I am a narcissist who just wants the accolades. But mostly I do it for two reasons:
1) It really helps me SEE MYSELF. Not only my body, and what clothes I like or look good in, but it helps me understand and visualize my identity.
2) Women see one kind of body in magazines which usually never looks like their body, and this is a huge factor about why the diet industry makes a kagillion dollars a year, and I think that's bullshit. So I want to show women that there are other bodies out there that are doing cool things, and living life, while looking damn awesome and being chubby or whatever.
So here is my Year In Looks showing off some of my favourite outfits from 2016.
Legs! // These leggings were the best investment BFF ever made
I wish this dress fit over my boobs better // I am a (dorky) wizard
Nasty Woman #imwithher // Canadian Tuxedo
Fave new patterned dress// Fave old patterned dress
BFM + Leopard print // Same skirt! Love reversible shit
(This skirt might be one of my best purchases of 2016, even though it's not my proudest moment.)
Birthday suit // RAD in sequins
This dress on repeat // This dress on repeat
Things I learned this year:
1) Sneakers go with everything.
2) I am really totally okay with having a small wardrobe.
3) I wear a lot of blue.
4) Sewing sequins on a shirt is ridiculous and also gorgeous
5) More flowy vests please
6) I am a damn fine babe
Here's to another year of being fabulous.