Thursday, December 29, 2016

One Little Word 2017

Move
Action
Progress
Space
Plan
Together
Teamwork
Partnership
Confidence
Thrive
Grow
Reclaim
Restore
Restart
Open
Celebrate
Action...oh


Sometimes brainstorming gets me to my word. And sometimes my word finds me. This year it was a little bit of both. The second time I wrote "action" in my list, I knew it was the one.

What & Why
I read the following paragraph on Ali Edwards OLW 2017 post and I had lots of feelings...

"Past students have reported learning about celebrating progress rather than perfection, about the power of focusing on a single word and the impact that can have in your life, about how many little moments make up the patterns of our lives, about thinking of your future self as you make decisions today, about how your own journey is important, about how to step back into the story of your own life as an active participant, about learning what you most need from yourself, and about the power of coming back again and again to your original intentions as a means of reflection and forward movement."

I had one of those moments when your brain gets fuzzy and you can feel tears in your nose, and a flutter in your chest. So I took it as a sign, and enrolled in her course. I am very excited to get started next month, and make the most out of this year('s word).

Watch for monthly posts from me detailing what I've learned and how I am living my word.


Focus - Brave - Honesty - Simplify - Time
Check out my past OLW Posts here.

1 comment:

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!