Tuesday, December 29, 2015

small goals...BIG GOALS


Today at work my goal was to sort through my emails, and get my Unread Deleted Items down to a more manageable 2000 messages. Don't ask... I started the day at around 5000, and ended it at about 3600. Phew!

Next is to get my Inbox down from 800+ to at most 500 Unread messages. Again, don't ask.

I have a hard time deleting things from my life. Emails, memorabilia, egg cartons. But I'm working on it. It's a life-long work-in-progress, actually, and the day I said that out loud and owned it was one of the better days of my anxious life.

I am never going to have a clutter-free house - or Inbox - and that's okay. I don't judge myself for it anymore, and if anyone else does then that's their damn problem not mine. But there are still ways I can improve my quality of life when the clutter gets to be too much. Most of these involve small goals, tackling one drawer or one area of my home at a time. Or asking BFF to take the offending item away without me looking.

small goals are just as valid and useful and important as BIG GOALS.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!