Thursday, June 12, 2014

Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus

This has become my go-to side. And asparagus is in season right now, which means it's super cheap and so very delicious!!

Ingredients
One bunch asparagus spears
One package of proscuitto (don't buy the smoked stuff for this!)
2-3 tbsp Olive oil
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp salt (I like the coarse sea salt myself)
1/2 tbsp fresh ground pepper

One bunch of asparagus makes about seven bundles, depends on how many spears you bundle together.

Preheat oven to 350F. Prep your asparagus by breaking off the bottoms. TIP: Just bend them, and they will break at the right point on their own. Wash and put them aside in a glass baking dish.

Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper together in a large bowl. Add asparagus spears and toss, making sure they get completely coated.

Wrap a small bundle of spears with one slice of proscuitto. Make as many bundles as you need! Lay in glass baking dish and pour any leftover marinade over the top. Let marinate in fridge about an hour, but the longer the better.

Bake in oven for about 7 mins, then broil for 2. You can also BBQ for 2 mins per side. They don't need very long to cook! Nobody likes mushy asparagus...once they turn a nice bright green and the proscuitto starts to brown they are done!

Your mouth should be watering by now. That is the appropriate response.

Thank you again to Karen for passing this along. I am a hero because of this recipe.

A side dish hero, but it still counts.
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. We know how I feel about pork but I love asparagus! Am finally getting to the market this weekend to get me some!!!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!