Friday, December 13, 2013

Tell A Story - Proud Momma Moment

Lucas had his Christmas Concert at school on Wednesday night, and boy howdy was it ever a good time! We walked over in the cold and the snow, dropped Lucas off at his classroom and headed to the gym. Mr. Pothier gave the same speech he gives every year. And the show was great!


We saw a big change in Lucas this year. He was excited to go, he was looking forward to it, and he actually sang along and actively participated in the concert! And he didn't have to wear his headphones! So many firsts for him. He's growing up.

The best part of the night, however, was this photo shoot at home before we left. I asked Dude if I could get a nice picture of him in his "Sunday Best" (but since it's not Sunday, it's our "Wednesday Best"...he's hilarious!) and he proceeded to actually pose for me! That crooked smile and those dimples get me every time!

That last one was a surprise and didn't happen until I said GO!

Lucas told me the jokes that would be shared before his class' performance, but made sure to let me know that I should still laugh at them, and not shout out the answers and spoil it for everyone else.

How does an angel answer the phone?
Halo!

What is a snowman's favourite food?
Cold cuts & frosted flakes!

What nationality is Santa Claus?
North Polish!

As far as I'm concerned, my kid is the best kid.
later loves

4 comments:

  1. I really love your dude stories--he seems like such a cool kid! You definitely seem to be raising him right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! He's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:24 pm

    He IS growing up, isn't he!!? I love this story and I love that he is such a kooky character. He makes me smile and so do these little stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, Momma. He IS. (except for mine - lol)

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!