Monday, October 07, 2013

Talk Like A Pirate - Dress Like A...

Why do lady versions of costumes always have to be so damn slutty? When did that become completely mainstream and acceptable? I will always remember Lindsay Lohan's comment in Mean Girls about not realizing that Halloween parties are an excuse for girls to wear short skirts and boustiers, and be the slutty version of pretty much any fictional - or real life - character.

Yep.

So I went to a dress-up crop a couple of weeks ago with a pirate theme ("There's the rub") and spent my lunch hour that day scouring the aisles of Value Village for something remotely appropriate and not at all inappropriate. And right now Value Villages all over the world are plum-full of brand new Halloween costumes, but I tend to steer clear of the brand new stinky plastic and head into the meat of the store, where the good stuff lives.

And as per usual, Value Village did not disappoint.

Say hello to PG-13 Slutty Pirate.


And lucky me getting a head start on my Halloween costume! Although I might have to "slut-it-up" a little bit more for the adult parties. Because that's what Halloween is all about. Right?!


Wink.
later loves

3 comments:

  1. look at yer booty! Your costume was amazing as was hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at yer booty! Your costume was amazing as was hanging out with you!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!