Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baby...???

I recently attended a gender reveal party for a not-yet-born baby. Yep, that's a thing.

I saw more pairs of baby shoes than I wanted to. They were all very adorable, but I still don't understand the point of shoes for babies...

Jill chose to do the standard "cut the cake to reveal the sex". That is, the colour of the cake represents the type of baby you're having. I swear...this is a thing people do!

Jill had her ultrasound that afternoon and immediately called her cake person to get the cake done in time for the party.

The anticipation is pretty much killing everyone in the room at this point!

Everyone cheered and Jill was giggling! It was a fun moment!

And then we ate some more delicious cheese, and champagne, and looked at more baby shoes. It was a fun evening, and I got a chance to catch up with Vivi, Kirsten and Chantel. Which was the best part of the entire evening anyway!

All kidding aside, I am super happy for Jill and James and wish them all the best with their baby girl!

later loves

P.S. My beautiful Grandma turns 81 today. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. If it weren't for Pinterest I wouldn't know about gender reveal parties. Thank goodness for Pinterest ;)
    Jill has a cake person?

    I'm a cake person... you could call me, I like to make cake.

    Babies cry when you put on shoes... Okay that may have just been my baby.

    Jill will make a wondeful mommma, think of the amazing birthday parties!

    Happy Birthday to your Grandma!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!