Wednesday, May 01, 2013

April Book List

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (e-book)
David Starr, Space Ranger by Isaac Asimov (second-hand/Value Village)
Lucky Starr and the Pirates of the Asteroids by Isaac Asimov (second-hand/Value Village)

It seems like so long ago that I finished The Picture of Dorian Gray, but it still leaves me unsettled to think about it. I can't tell if Mr. Wilde is a sexist, misogynist jerk, or a complete genius. Either way, I hate him and it was a great book! I can definitely see how I am reading it out of its time, and that a lot of the social commentary and nuances are probably lost on me.

Isaac Asimov is a science fiction master, but I can only take a little bit at a time. So I'm taking a wee break before I plunge in to the remainder of my Asimov bookshelf!

I took out Milton's Paradise Lost in April, but there was NO WAY I was finishing that in the library's allotted three week time period! So I let it go overdue for TWO MORE WEEKS (yipes) and barely read it during that time (oh geeze...) and then just took it back because the guilt was driving me crazy. Perhaps I will try again...eventually! Otherwise, I've got some borrowed non-fiction books on deck for May and I might even raid (again) BFF's bookshelf for some lighter faire!

And that was April in my little book world. I'm officially at 19 books and counting, which means I am ahead of the game!....by one book.....hmmm.

What's on your current reading list?

later loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!