Wednesday, April 03, 2013

My Dude


conversation with Dude, March 19, 2013

Dude: "Yay! I get to spend time with mom on this beautiful, oh wait, not so beautiful night."

Me: "Wait, it is beautiful out tonight!"

Dude: "I know. I was just being sarcastic. You know what incinerate means? It means to burn! Yeah, burn really really hot."

Dad: "Where did you learn that word?"

Dude: "From an episode of Johnny Test."


Sometimes it's really hard being a mom. I get little to no peace and quiet on those days I need that the most. I find myself shouting and getting exasperated quite easily some days. I must remember to spend time teaching him and being with him and yet find time to get all my crap done as well! But when I really focus on listening to his stories, and let him show me every new part he has recently add to his Lego Francesco, and sit with him in the kitchen while he makes a mess does science experiments, I feel a strange sense of calm and purpose and love. He is an awesome little person. And for some strange reason, he loves me a lot.

The snuggles, hugs, and kisses are the other perks. Yep...I like those.

Also, he's the only person that can make me giggle like that...
later loves

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:47 am

    This post is the sweetest. Poor Russell, though, having to read that you're Dude's favourite in the family. ;)

    I can't imagine what it must be like to be a parent. It's honestly beyond my imagination. All I know is I applaud any woman who can keep it together. I don't know I'd have the patience or the love to give.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!