Friday, April 05, 2013

Flashback Friday!

Look! It's blondie Lisa again...so weird!
photos taken October 9, 2004. On top of Whistlers & at Mt. Edith Cavell


I love Jasper National Park. It's one of my favourite places on Earth. I chalk it up to 50% nostalgia and 50% it's just damn gorgeous. My sister & I went almost every Thanksgiving with my grandparents when we were younger. It was the last weekend for pretty much anything to be open, and the ski season doesn't start for a couple of months, so it was usually quite empty. This trip was taken the same weekend, but many years later and without the grandparents! We look so young! And Russel's so skinny!! This was before we were parents (before we were pregnant, wink) and before we had a care in the world! Newlyweds are so cute! (barf...). I still try to get back to Jasper as often as I can...although now that I actually have a friend there, I haven't been. So weird.

I still like ridiculous toques, bright coats & shoes as well. Go figure.

later loves

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:56 pm

    Ha! You NEED to visit. I'm getting impatient. ;)

    Edith Cavell is going to be something to see this season, after the fall of Ghost Glacier last year. I'm actually writing a story about that for this week's paper. Stay tuned.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of that nice nature you have there!

    xx,
    www.kotrynabass.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry.... who is that lady with Russel!!!

    Love that place, it is amazing to see the difference from picture to picture each time I've been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It's my fat alter-ego!

      Delete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!