Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The Town of Gluten

So I jumped online while dinner was cooking last night, to write up this post, and I had NO posts scheduled! I don't think that has happened in a long time! And then I read the previous post....and wow....that was pretty heavy. Yikes!

Well, this one won't be. Like, at all! We're getting back to BEER!

My local liquor store finally got in a new gluten free beer. So I just had to pick it up while I was in the other day. Glutenberg is a pale ale from Montreal, actually. It contains millet, buckwheat and corn instead of the regular gluten-full ingredients. It also contains candy syrup, demerara (whatever that is) and quinoa.

And I am not a fan. I should have known better, because usually pale ales do not sit well with me.
(Lucas wants to make sure you understand that this is my "I don't like it" face! And he's right!)

Thank goodness I bought a second 6-pack of something better. A Big Rock "Brewmaster's Edition" named Saaz Republic Pilz. It is quite tasty, and pretty to boot!

later loves

p.s. A quick Google search reveals that demerara is a type of brown sugar. Either that, or a region in South America in what is now Guyana. Word of the Day!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:24 am

    Hahaha. I love your meh face!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the meh face is pretty epic :)

    And P.S. I like your posts - heavy and light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are sharing your gluten free picks! there certainly seems to be no shortage of GF beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:05 pm

    heyyyyy... I have a surprise for your on the ol' blog tomorrow. Check it out!!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!