Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Inspired To DO

I sometimes hate reading blog posts done by people who are obviously way more organized and productive than me! But sometimes, also, I love it. It's a fine line I walk.

I have been really inspired by Elise Blaha lately, especially with her most recent series about the art on her walls. I know, right...sounds kind of boring. But it totally wasn't!

So in my eternally-procrastinating-cleaning-my-studio mood the other day, I put photos in frames and hung them up around the house. Ooh la la.

I also framed some "art"...meaning what, exactly!? Well, I cut down this inspirational quote that my sweetie Kara sent me ages ago, and I cut down some stamped paper I just bought at TM (gosh this stuff is pretty). Good thing I had a box of frames waiting to be used. Oh my...I emptied a box of stuff in my studio!! THAT COUNTS IN THE CLEAN UP COLUMN!! Woop!

And since - apparently - my wall art is all about being inspired by my friends, I had to include this quote that my BFF texted me back in April. This was a big-deal text because up until that point, I was always the first-texter. And then one Thursday night, when I was feeling really down in the dumps, I heard the familiar "myrum" on my phone and read this lovely quote: "Dinosaurs are extinct today because they lacked opposable thumbs and the brainpower to build a space program." Ah yes. Made my night.

And having these happy reminders of the wonderful people that fill my life, adorning my walls makes me smile more than you could imagine.

Not happy is me seeing how caught up Mrs Blaha Cripe is on her Project Life...argh! More on my epic Project Life FAIL coming up on the blog.

later loves

1 comment:

  1. Your display makes me happy. Very. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!