Friday, July 06, 2012

Summer Breeze, Makes Me Feel Fine

Today's Lovely Life post features another layout. This time I'm chatting about the little things in life that put a smile on my face, and make me happy that I live this simple life!

One of my favourite things to do during the summer holidays is go for Slurpees. I know...super boring. But it's also a chance for Dude & I to get out of the house, explore the neighbourhood, and chat! And hold hands. Man, I love holding hands. And so does Dude, even more than me! And then we bring our treats home, and have an impromptu backyard picnic. Another summer favourite.

Lucas & I spent some time during our picnic devising a little list of things Lucas wants to do more of in the summer. More backyard picnics was on there!

These photos - and this walk - were taken before school was out for the year, but it still counts as "summer" fun, because this was the second official day of summer. That's another thing Lucas really likes keeping track of: the first day of summer, fall, spring, winter. He thinks that since those days mark a change in season, the weather should automatically change as well, change accordingly!



 Layout Deets: Studio Calico, loads and loads. I really like that circle garland - that Jill gave me - and have used it on a couple of other layouts since. This layout looked totally different in my head, but I still love how it turned out!

I can appreciate the "little things" even more when I look at them through these eyes. Special times with Lucas, that I hope he will remember and cherish when he gets older and maybe doesn't want to hang out with his totally awesome mother as much!

later loves

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:55 am

    Awww, what a sweet layout and post. Lucas is a handsome little fella.

    Also, slurpees are the best. They are so far from boring!!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!