Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Sharing

A couple of weekends ago (at the end of January), TM held a Memorial Crop for a special customer. Ginger does a lovely job explaining things on her blog post here. A silent auction was held to help raise funds for a scholarship in her name. Wendy was a pretty awesome lady, so I wanted my creation to reflect that!
 I embellished a Doodle Bug apron with some fabric and stitched sentiments. I had a good time with it, even though I left it until the last minute. I'm sure with a little more time, I could have given it more attention and added some extra special items.


And here is my nod to Wendy. I included her initial on the pocket.

Working with fabric again, after such a long time away, was very awesome! I have since started on a challenging (and ambitious) mini album project using fabric. I am hooked!


P.S. If you want to make a special apron of your own, it's quite simple. Cut out some shapes from scrap fabrics or felt, and sew on. If you don't have a sewing machine, you can hand stitch all of the elements. I like to use an apron that's already a apron...I'm still not that good of a seamstress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!