Tuesday, September 06, 2011

September TM Kit...Memories Made

Here is another interesting layout using my September TM Kit. This time I'm using some trading card pages that I bought at the Dollarama to document lots of memories from the past year or so.

These page protectors are great for scrapbooking lots of different memories and stories to which you don't want to dedicate separate layouts. I have a Fuji Instax camera that takes these great credit card sized photos, and I print a lot of my digital pictures in this size as well. The trading card pockets fit the photos perfectly and allow for neat comparrmentalized journaling as well.

Additions: cardstock and a black pen! American Crafts Slick Writers and fine point Sharpies work really well on the Instax photos, and I like the American Crafts .01 or .03 writer for my journaling.

*****

Here is another "thinking outside the box" layout made with my September Kit. This time I'm using the 3.5x5 protectors on their own. I printed off a couple of photos from January of this year that represented fun little memories and I wanted them to have a space in my album.
I have a couple of simple journaling areas to accompany the two fun pictures of Lucas, and I added in a scenery photo of the Edmonton skyline on my commute to work that serves as a design element as well!

Can you tell I love leaves as a design element? They are so easy to hand cut and ink to give dimension and colour to your layouts! When I want to get really fancy, I cut a bunch using one of the Tim Holtz diesClick here for some other fun leaf-themed products to add to your stash.

Additions to the kit: Ranger's Peeled Paint Distress Ink, black pen, staples.

Other places to find Treasured Memories Kit info:
TM Main Blog (Oxford Scholar and Garden Beauty)
TM Inspiration Blog Month Kit Monday
TM Online Store

You can buy a kit in store for only $35...remember that I'm at about 13 layouts made with my kit. If you add in half a dozen sheets of cardstock (35 to 79 cents a pop), you're looking at $3.00 to $3.20 per layout. You can't beat the savings!!

Thanks for stopping by! Any comments and/or feedback is much appreciated!!



2 comments:

  1. You always have the BEST ideas Lisa! Sorry I haven't been around, computer problems. I HOPE it's all fixed now. I've missed stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw all your pages- you are a SUPER STAR!
    Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!