Friday, August 26, 2011

WITL some layouts...

I have been feeling very tired this week, so my scrapbooking has been put by the wayside. On Tuesday night, for example, I fell asleep while putting Lucas to bed at 8:30pm, woke up at 11:30pm and then crawled into bed next to Russel and promptly fell back asleep! Yikes!!

But I have finished some WITL Layouts! And they are making me so happy!! I can't wait to share them all with you, but today I have a special treat for you...a VLOG! ("what rolls downstairs, alone or in pairs...everyone wants a vlog")


Yessirre people. I have decided to do a little video "tutorial" on some fun WITL ideas I've had. I know everyone and their dog (or "their neighbour's dog") is doing video techniques and whatnot right now, but I'm a special kind of dog and hopefully that will shine through in my video. And if not, at least you get to see me make a complete arse of my self!

It's going to take a while to load and everything, so I'm going to fill in the space here with some other WITL layouts. These are the "title pages" for each day. I used photos of myself - the Fashion Un-able ones - and tried to keep the layouts as simple as possible. They're great for a snack, and will fit on your back.

Enjoy!



I still have to finish printing some photos from the weekend, but for now I'm just plodding along with the layouts and the photo sheets. It takes a lot of work, but it's worth it to see the book shaping up and shaping out as I go.


p.s. you might be wondering what's with the random italicized quotations that make no sense. Google this phrase:  "what rolls downstairs". Google will autofill for you - cause it's clever that way - the rest of the phrase and you can just go ahead and click enter. Now select the You Tube Video of The Log Song from Ren & Stimpy. If you are of a certain age, you will surely remember Ren & Stimpy and the log song. I am in lurve with this stuff! You will laugh, trust me.

pps. If you like The Log Song, try finding the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen video. Another gut-buster if you ask me. I have been known to spontaneously break out in song with this one...it's not a hit at parties, FYI!!!

1 comment:

  1. <3 Canadian Kilted Yaksmen was entirely the go-to song (for some strange reason) during our Junior High School dances. All I remember is standing around and singing at the top of our lungs. Instead of y'know....dancing!

    Related: POWDER TOAST MAN!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!