Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WITL Fashion Un-Able

I really liked WITL...scratch that...I lurved it! What a fun way to document one whole week in my life! Little things and big! I already have loads of ideas to make it super awesome, and...even better next time!

I wanted to take a photo of myself everyday, in addition to all the other ones: of Lucas, of clouds, of work. These photos inevitably became a kind of Fashion Story for the week as well. I thought it would be fun to share them here.
Kara made that super cute feather doo-hickey that I'm wearing on my Toms...I lost it that day. Maybe in Starbucks, maybe in a parking lot. Good thing I have a spare!
 Apparently, Day One was "Pink Day"...I almost never wear pink!

 This skirt is falling apart at the seams...literally! It was my first real attempt at making something from scratch, and while it looks pretty, the construction is shoddy. But I learned a lot of things, and I can't wait to try again!
Usually on Downtown-Work days, I try to change clothes before I go pick up Lucas from Grandma's. Today that was a necessity, as my knee was really sore by the end of the day. I had to get into my Tom's! These pants make me feel like a rebel!

I don't have a photo of my outfit from Day Three...but I did snag some cute pictures of myself with some of my favourite little buddies! I'll post those later...


 So according to new legislation in Alberta that is taking effect on Sept 1, I am a bad driver. When running late in the morning, I bring my makeup bag with me and apply it in the car! But only when stopped at red lights...I promise! This morning, though, I am an idiot and only got about half my face made when I got interrupted by traffic and never finished. I left my makeup bag in the car, so I went the whole day with half a face! HA! I still think I look pretty hot though...And you can really see the blue in my hair here. It's survived fairly well this summer. Did I tell you I'm thinking of getting a wig...!?!?!?!?!?
In our house, Thursdays usually mean a Farmer's Market trip! And tonight was no exception. A quick change after swimming lessons means I'm ready to go and feeling less "going to work" and more "going to eat!" It was a little chilly today, so I pulled out a scarf and some leggings, which magically transformed into pajamas later that night!
 Friday...finally! I took Lucas to camp in the morning, then quickly went and ran all my errands to be ready for his party tomorrow. We went out for dinner at BPs that night (as per tradition) so I actually pulled off a "from day to night" look with this outfit! I changed out the shorts for a cute skirt, and put a simple belt on. The Toms and Tee stayed.
 Here I am winding down with a game of croquet at Mom's after the Dude's party at our place. Remember how I said I love white tees...well, I love white tank tops as well. And these Target jeans are now my favourite thing in my closet...too bad I only bought one pair. And they're getting a little tight! Too much Triple D and cake pops!!

On Sunday nights, we almost always go to my Dad's & step-mom's for dinner. This week my grandma's sister is in town visiting. Those two are like fire crackers!! I can see how their parents might have had trouble with them!! I'm wearing more from Joe: this t-shirt is cream, but practically white (geesh...I have a problem!). My headband is Lime Door, and while I never thought this one was my style, I kind of love it now.

And that is all for the week...for now...

Extras...one of the really fun things I noticed when taking photos for my WITL was the repetition that happens in daily life. I'm not talking routine like going to work every morning, or going to camp/swimming lessons. I'm talking about the in-between moments that string all of those big routine things together. Like the commute to (and from) work, and all the trips to the grocery store that I take (!!) and seeing Jacob's face pressed up against Mom's screen door in the morning! These are the things that make life sweet, that make life grand.

I have tried to arrange my WITL scrapbook with a lot of these themes in mind...and it's been way too much fun! I'll be sharing some layouts and pages this week from my scrapbook. I hope you stick around! There might even be a video involved! EEK!


2 comments:

  1. This is a WONDERFUL post! Sorry I haven't been by, I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a whole lotta awesome!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!