Monday, August 08, 2011

This is the story of the wedding that started one hour late...

***edited: I removed most of this post, and left only the positive bits...

There were some good parts. All of Russ' work buddies are pretty awesome and we enjoyed getting some target practice in with the jewels that were on the table. I also met Kirsten's doppleganger! Which pretty much made my night, like, forever.

Now I'm done with the talk...let's get some pics on here!
 Yes. We are this awesome in real life.


This is where all their budget went...real orchids decorating the cake table...which was kind of a waste, considering we never saw them cut the cake.
 And the McDonald's snacks.

This is me getting all excited about my McDonald's snack...which make me feel like *gack* in about an hour.

And here is Kirsten's Doppleganger. I have had three separate people confirm this, one of whom was Kirsten's sister Jill, and another was Kirsten herself! And my husband actually agreed with me, so it's a go people!

The funniest/most frustrating part of the day was the "third photographer." The couple had hired two lady photographers, and they were busy moving around the church and getting all the important shots. And then there was this guy, a guest, with his "fancy" camera following them around and taking the same shots. The best part was when he followed one of the real photographers up on stage and held his camera above her head to get the same shot she was trying to get! I couldn't believe it!! The picture I took turned out blurry, but you get the idea with the one below.
Later, after she noticed him shadowing her, she asked him to get out of the for the recessional. But then a bunch of other large dudes with their point and shoots crowded the aisle while the bridal party was leaving. All I kept thinking was: "where's Juli when you need her!?!?"

I took some neat pictures of Gallagher Hill with all the Folk Festers on it, and of some other buildings downtown. I've been trying to look at our city as a tourist and take some photos through those eyes. I'll post those later. Until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!