Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Random Layout...just my style

This layout is totally indicative of a lot of the layouts I've been making lately "for myself". I love the look of the multiple distress inks with a nice collage of elements. Not quite vintage, with a hint of modern...does that even make sense?? Who knows...

I "took" these photos outside the Crown Plaza hotel downtown at the beginning of the month. R & I were attending a wedding reception there and showed up early. The weather was so perfect, and we thought we would take a bit of a stroll around the neighbourhood before heading inside.

There are a lot of elements at work here, but some of my favourites are:
- Basic Grey lace paper
- Jenni Bowlin gentleman and lady silhouettes
- Jenni Bowlin butterfly stamp
- Chipboard hearts inked and splattered
- Copic markers to enhance a stamped word

I used a variety of inks to give all of the paper elements the same tone. Some started out really bright, or plain and by using a little bit of ink and a blending tool, I made them all match and blend together to create this collage-look and feel on the layout.

Questions? Comments? You know where to leave them...

1 comment:

  1. I love this layout! Great colors & great collage!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!