Friday, August 05, 2011

I want...

To try these sheets. Chan may have inadvertently bestowed one of these upon me after receiving it in a Freebies bag from a past CHA. Now I have to find it in my studio (dear lord...) and put it to good use. And if I can't find it, there's always online shopping and you know how much I lurve that!

*****
Studio Calico. For whatever reason, TM never got the earlier releases (State Fair and Countryside) which consequently made for some teary nights. But I still want them, and I have found the entire collection on Two Peas! So I'm going for it! I also really (really) wanted the Sassafras mid-year release that TM never ordered...and as luck would have it, Two Peas carries this as well. I know that new Summer CHA stuff is hitting store shelves (real or digital) as we speak, but these lines were kind of big for me! And if I can't get them in store, I might as well get them any way I can.

I was thinking about this last night, and came to the stunning and unpleasant realization that the LSS I work for, might not carry the companies and product that make me the most excited. Our customers have tilted in two opposing directions: "cutesy and campy" and "vintage and romantic". This is not where my tastes lay. Not at all. I am now starting to look elsewhere to get my stash up to speed. I guess it was bound to happen...

If you are interested in either of the above companies (Studio Calico or Sassafras), or are interested in other products that Two Peas carries, let me know and I'll put in a large order and we can save on the shipping! I'll be placing my order at the end of next week (August 12th or so). >> updated: I went ahead and ordered the Studio Calico, as it was the DEAL OF THE DAY yesterday...
*****
I was watching alcohol inking videos on You Tube last night. Makes me want to do my own technique videos. I will have to find a willing camera-man or woman and try this out.
*****
I want to try this DIY. I have found loads of DIY websites out in the WWW as of late. Today I was cleaning out my Reader and found a bunch more! (like Home Ec)

*****
Up until just now I haven't been all that interested in new CHA faire...some things always peek my interest (Hambly, Studio Calico, American Crafts), but I never really go looking for images or lists or anything. Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's new stencils made a top ten list, so I had to check out the write up on her stuff (awesome!), but I was also pleasantly surprised by some of the other companies and products on the list. You might like this: Scrapbook Update CHA Top Ten. And I am totally going to be making some Crafter's Workshop purchases in the winter (when I feel more up to painting again)...Julie's stencils are amazing.

*****
I want to watch this Simpson's episode now! All I read is this tweet by Brent SpinerDid "The Simpson's" yesterday. Played a very unusual role...a robot. Actually, several robots. Love that Homer.


*****
ummm...that's probably good. I think you get the picture...

1 comment:

  1. I love those stencils too by Julie, she is amazing, I like her stamps too! I was just at Colours this afternoon and was drooling in the paint section... I settled for an art journal book :(

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!