Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Found! Found! Found!!!

While in the States, we hit up some fabulously independent unique Triple D locations, which left me jonesing for more of the same once we got home. But if any of you are at all familiar with Mill Woods you will understand it when I say there is nothing in our neck of the woods to eat that is special or unique in any way. It was by some cosmic bumping of the multiverse that I found myself having an enlightening conversation with Laurie about the lack of flair in Mill Woods dining and the options I could find laying elsewhere in our fair city.

So I told Russel and he did some googling.

But it wasn't enough...and here is what I found this morning (and by this morning, I mean approximately 2 weeks before today, when I started writing this post).

Only Here for the Food. A fabulous Edmonton food blogger. She shares info on great local restaurants, food festivals and mobile eateries. I really love her take on the Taste of Edmonton.

And speaking of mobile eateries...
Nomad
Drift Mobile Eatery
Filistix
Molly's Eats
And I know there are more out there, and I'm totally going to find them!!
I am going to try and get to Drifttruck this morning (it's Thursday where I am) and I am quite excited!

Also on my plate "this morning"...learning about the possibility that Earth might have once had a second moon that crashed into our current moon, accounting for the rocky terrain on the "dark side of the moon." Very cool article here. This is why I tolerate Twitter.


**UPDATED: I totally got a Drift Food Truck sandwich for lunch that day, and it was so good!! Pork with daikon and deliciousness. And the fries were so good, and the cookie was heavenly! I'm going to try and get there more often! Russ, the Dude & I tried Molly's Eats at the St. Albert Farmer's Market on the 13th. R & I got a bacon & briskett grilled cheese sammie, which was sort of to-die-for. Lucas got a green onion cake, which has got to be his second favourite food in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the Kerchers need to be the hosts of the new Food Network show "Triple D: Canadian Style." You could buy a Winnebago and travel the country looking for the best eats. Sounds like a dream job (as long as you got paid for it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent an hour on the blog Only Here for the Food - fabulous. Sean and I need to find a good mexican place. Know of one?

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!