Thursday, August 18, 2011

Crafty Thursday - Jenni Bowlin Series

Here we are. Another week gone by, and time for another post in the Jenni Bowlin Challenge Layout Series. I had actually forgotten about this one! And it's just as awesome as the last two, so I guess I can't play favourites in this arena! Another favourite person scrapbooked...
I may have used lots of non-manly embellishments, like cross-stitch lettering, lacey borders and butterflies, but I offset that with lots of bow ties and the handsome gentleman silhouette up there! I think I've reached a nice balance! Please note, there are no birthday-themed embellishments in site. It can be done people...just think outside the box.
Russel celebrated his birthday back in June. Mom "made" this "cake" out of the best ever ice cream sandwiches! Superstore Decadent cookies with chocolate ice cream in the middle. Yum-tastic! I'm getting hungry just looking at a photo of a photo of them!

Other elements used on the layout are: Sassafras foldies (those paper leaves), Basic Grey rub on (cross-stitch "Live & Love"), Hambly paper fussy cuts (butterflies and bowties) and rub on (pom pom tassel), Little Yellow Bicycle lace sticker border (these guys are so much fun to ink...not that I did any of that here).

The background is made using two different masks and a heck of a lot of random Glimmer Misting. The dots and diamonds are from an old KI Memories lace paper (one of the first out there, I think), and the rose is newish American Crafts. Now that is a beautiful sheet of paper!

That's all for now peeps. Next Thursday I'll have another Jenni Bowlin layout for you, but that will be the last of them. Maybe I'll have finished some other layouts by then to start sharing as well!

In other news, Lucas turns 6 tomorrow...oh my goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!