Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Playing Hooky!

So I was honestly going to "work" Lucas' track & field day today, but they think the ground is still "too wet", so it has been rescheduled to a later date. But I already called in to work and to Mom, so I'm staying home! I'm sure I will pay for this later as the Universe re-balances itself, but I'm okay with that.

edited...I'm already paying for it. Lucas' teacher just called to say it's been rescheduled to Thursday which is my other "real job" day! How do use an event for an excuse that you already used for an excuse! Good thing there's little to no work to do there this week...or ever...


edited again: I just talked to my "boss" and she is helping the assistants prep materials, so I am so not going to be missed this week. Geez Louise.

So this morning I will blog, and this afternoon I will do fun things in the SUMMER SUN with Lucas!

First on the agenda, let's share some Fashion Un-able shots, why don't we!

First up is: PINK DRESS!!
I bought this during my most recent Value Village trip (at the beginning of the month) because I just couldn't resist. The fabric is soft and flowy, and the length is good! Which on short-me is a rare blessing. The arms used to be more elasticky and probably would have been pouf-able. And the neckline needs some help, but I am so in lurve with my new pink dress!

Worn here with "I'm too pretty to do math" button, thrifted shoes, Addition-Elle belt and craft show Bauxo cuff.

Next up is YELLOW TIGHTS. I found these yellow tights/leggings at Zellers the other day and they were so cheap cheap I had to pick up a pair. Actually, I picked up two pairs...don't judge me. They were really cheap.
Worn here with thrifted blue shorts (which I really need to properly hem, lordy lordy), thrifted blue shoes, tee from Joe.

They are really tight at the bottom, so they sort of make the fat bulge out on my leg...not the most attractive bulge in the world, thank you very much. But I like the colour combo, and I like the idea that I can wear "tights" during the summer, with sandals!

I've already started to think about what I'm going to take clothes-wise across the country with us in July. These (and their blue brother) will definitely be making the trek.

I also need outfits for three different weddings this year, but that's a whole other post (that I've already started typing up, so bear with me!)

If you are interested in my Fashion Un-Able posts, you might find this post funny. Every once and awhile Kara (from I Just Might Explode) asks her friends to wear some "Fashion Faux Pas". In truth, I usually love all the outfits and want to make them my own. And this, my friends, is why I am Fashion Un-Able. M just sayin...

later skater alligator

2 comments:

  1. So slightly related: We had a big group ride last night and because of the un-knowing of the weather I didn't decide what to wear until the VERY last minute (ie I changed twice in the kitchen on my way out) but!! last week at goodwill I picked up a long skirt...and TOTALLY copied you, wearing it likes a dress. Seriously best stolen fashiony thing ever. It was so comfy and perfect for the amount of not-weather we had. So this is me saying thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL post. YOu make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!