Friday, June 24, 2011

Lazy Days

My lazy summer days have begun. Today I plan on taking it easy, drinking lots of my new favourite Starbucks drink (grande, shaken green tea, no syrup), doing some more cleaning (I totally did not finish my to-do list on Wednesday) and generally copying every other day this week in their relaxing-ness.

On Wednesday, Lucas and I joined Mom and Jacob at the Jackie Parker splash park. Lucas is hilarious for many reasons, one of which is that he hates getting splashed at the splash park. Actually, he hates getting wet in any way while he's there. So he does a lot of running around the edge of the park, and dodging the spray and the wet kids as much as he can. Jacob is hilarious because he had so much fun, and kept trying to tickle Lucas' naked belly.

I "documented" the day in my *new SMASH BOOK! Um...this is awkward. I was going to show you a picture of it, but I can't find it...give me a minute. Phew! It was hiding in the studio.
I'm fairly confident that TM is probably *sold out* of every last bit of Smash stuff right now! It was literally flying off the shelves when I went in the other day. But I scored one album for me, one for Mom, two journal booklets and some sticky tabs. It's all cool stuff, and it already has me thinking how I can improve on it, and really make it my own. Things like these are so unique in the world of scrapbooking right now, but the fact that they are mass-produced and marketed as they were kind of reduces that uniqueness. So the trick is to really change it, and embrace it, and make it your own. That is my challenge.

I have been thinking about ways to keep Lucas practicing his printing through the summer, and I thought what more perfect a way than to have him contribute to the travel scrapbook I'll be dragging along with us to Niagra Falls! It's something we can do every night, and he can have a page all to himself to write or draw or cut and paste about his adventures as well! I am so excited about trying this! The Smash Book would be so perfect for a project like this. So I am going to be super busy in the next little bit getting things ready to go for the trip (we leave in TWO WEEKS!!) both at home and for the road. Oh my...I can see my to-do list growing before my eyes.

Not to mention our mortgage is coming up for renewal at the end of the month (like...next week...) and Russel has been such a trooper getting it all sorted out! I will take this opportunity to recommend "The Two Collins" for all your mortgage-broker needs! Edmontonians, you might recognize the name from their "popular" Sonic radio ads! We saw a real-life tv comnmercial starring "The Two Collins" the other day, and I got all excited...yeah...I'm sort of a loser that way! Exclamation point!

Dude!

So, I never posted that "sketch" I did of my soon-to-be DR wall. I love sketching furniture and home stuff. I used to do this all the time when I was a young married lady! Planning the arrangement of things in my goofy little apartment with the bad sink. Imagining myself a handi-capable carpenter, able to wield a skill saw deftly and with practiced skill, building shelving and dressers, and cabinets and the like. HA! I get antsy whenever I even hear the screeching whine of a saw cutting in to wood. But I can still draw a mean shelving unit!
The scale is so way off but you get the picture. That side of my house is still a constant mess, and I don't think I will get to this task before we leave, but I'm excited to get at it as soon as we return!

Speaking, as I have been, of our road trip, can I just say that flooding sucks! We were planning to take our lunch in Minot, ND on our second day of travel. My heart drops every time I see the states of emergency grow on the news. So many people are losing their homes, or have lost them already. Roads are impassable, and flood workers are stretched to their limit. I hope things turn around soon for these people and their families, on either side of the border.

later skater alligator...I'm off to buy some groceries, bathing suit and underpants...ooh la la...the exciting life of a city girl!

1 comment:

  1. I went to the store to take a look at it and TM did have some books left but not much else! I decided I shouldn't buy it anyways cause it'll probably just sit unused like the rest of my stuff. It is groovy though!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!