Monday, May 30, 2011

So I was very productive on Friday, and worked all day Saturday, and then partied late-ish into the night. So Sunday was a very lazy day! Boy howdy!

And yet, I still have something to post! An art thing!!

I walk past this painting every morning on my way down the stairs. It was my "Word of the Year" canvas for 2009. It looked like many different things before this, and maybe that's why I've never posted it. I guess I always thought I already had.
 It might be odd, but I love how Green Eyes is looking over at Brown Eyes here!
 This element was part of my blog header for a long time.
 My love for black spray paint and die cut paper masks is still going strong.
 The two photos you can see in the background are of my family. They were taken when my great-grandpa was a young husband. He passed away when I was just a kid, but I still remember bits about him.

Taking all these photos has reminded me how much I love painting, and how little of it I have been doing lately. I would really love to get going on this again...but first I need to cross off some other important items from my to-do list, including clean up my darn studio! It's embarrassing!

And now I'm late for work...later!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting!
    I love how one looks like she's watching over the other! Best friends? Very cool!
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Lisa. I just spent the day scrapbooking photos of my family from the 1900's. I wish I knew more than I do.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!