Monday, May 16, 2011

Let's Play Catch Up

Wow! What a break! This was mostly a happy accident on my part, but much needed! For you regular bloggers out there, don't you just sometimes find that you need a day or two off. To step away from this online world and recharge your batteries, get out in the sun, and all that good stuff!

So that's just what I did!


And I'll share some of it today, and then I'll tell you who won the giveaway!

On Saturday, Lucas, Russ and I went Orienteering for the first time this season! There's a great rec area east of Sherwood Park, that's a bit of a drive for us, but well worth it. The Orienteering Club (I think it was Edmonton's) put on a "day camp" so you could try out different maps, get some tips and pointers from the "experts" and just hang out. Barb showed Lucas the "thumb and fold" method, or whatever it was called, and he raced her from flag to flag! Then the three of us went on a shorter course...this was our first practice to get back into the swing of things before the city events start up again.

Unfortunately it was so windy on Saturday, and the course was mostly in a hilly, weedy, mosquito filled old cattle field. Lucas went into his standard Orienteering-Complain-Mode (weeds, wind, itchy legs, sore legs, tired, hungry, alternating too cold and too warm, etc. etc.) but we made it through all of the easier controls, and we got to climb under a wire fence. ADVENTURE!

And he got two cookies, so not too shabby a day for him!

OOH! Fun food note!! Ready for it...THERE IS A FIVE GUYS BURGERS AND FRIES IN SHERWOOD PARK! Russ and I did a little whoo-hoo in the Wendy's when we saw it across the street (after which I exclaimed "then what are we doing here!?") For those of you not "in the know", Five Guys is this super awesome burger joint! Like, amazing! We went to one in Portland, and it was so cool...best midnight snack evah! Sweet fries, huge burgers, choose your own toppings, that sort of thing.

Which sort of leads me to my next point...I've been counting calories lately (gasp!) which means if I go to Five Guys and have a burger and shake I don't get to eat for the rest of the day! HA! No, seriously...I've been using the My Fitness Pal app on the new gadget and so far so good (it's only been three days, which is a long time for me to follow through with anything!). I'll write more on that later.

What else...??

I scrapbooked! One little layout...after I cleaned off my desk. No word of a lie, I actually did a little tidy after I finished a mini the other day and sort of made myself a more organized workspace. I say "sort of" because there are still many many piles, but now they are organized piles. And here's the layout...

and a detail shot...

I'm trying to branch out and not just do the same layout over and over again, although this one bears a similarity to others I've been doing recently. I think I'm in a rut. If all else fails, I'll just start sticking pics in regular photo pages and ramp up the mini action!

Speaking of minis, I finished "30 Some Things"...and it is so thick and hefty in my hands so I am in love. I haven't taken photos yet, but those will come.

Okay...I know this is what you've all been waiting for...the winner of the Starbucks Re-fillable Coffee cup is...


And since I am feeling so generous today, I have chosen a runner up as well...

Actually, they chose themselves in my wondrous number drawing system. They both wanted so bad to win, their paper numbers kept fluttering on to Lucas' pajamas every time I dropped them. (Yes, that's how I choose winners. I put numbers or names on pieces of paper and drop them from the air onto an object of my choosing. The number that lands on the object, in this case Lucas' pajamas he left on the LR floor this morning, is the winner!)

So I will be contacting Nadine and Kristie to get them their mugs this week! Thanks to everybody else who stopped by to say Hi! Your comments are all so sweet! I never knew Starbucks had a "Mocha Valencia" (sounds yummy), I have no idea what a "Misto" is, but I do love those tea lattes! My "usual" Starbucks fare is an Americano. That's some espresso and hot water. And I take it black. Boring, but so perfect for me! When I tell people I like coffee, I mean I like coffee...not really coffee-based-beverages. They make me feel icky! Besides, plain coffee has way less calories (and fat, and sugar, and dairy) than all those other things! And I drink far too much coffee for any of those drinks to be sensible! Lots of exclamation points!

Gosh, babble much!? Gots to go sweets! Later...
P.S. Am teaching a class tonight at TM, with a less than stellar reception. Must push through. But I am guaranteed to have some fun with two fabulous ladies, and will blog about the outcome tomorrow! It's the School Memories Receipt Tray thingy...and it's never too late to sign up!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners! I am so far behind I didn't even know there was a draw. I need to get organized. Great layout. Mosquitos? Huh? What we go from blizzards to mosquitoes in one fell swoop?
    ARRRGGGHHH!!!
    Mind you , it was warmer in Edmonton than it has been fornm months here, so maybe that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!!! :D Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am so excited that my name landed on Lucas!
    Tell Lucas thank you from me!

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!