Tuesday, April 05, 2011

On the Road Again...Pt. 2

K. So we left Lethbridge Friday AM, and headed straight for Nanton...which I am now going to just start calling Antique Store Capital of the World.

#1. This is me with snow in my hair. Yes. Snow. Giant, white fluffy flakes of snow. What the!?

#2. The one that got away. K...there were loads of things I had to leave behind in the antique store, but I took pictures of them all! And some of the pictures weren't even blurry or anything! These cups were super cute, but seemed a little extravagant ($5 a pop!?). I did buy a rad drawer, an Alberta license plate for Lucas (he likes license plates) and a photo album full of photos (wowee wow wow). My steal of the day was a souvenir slide that the ladies gave to me for free because the vendor's price was hidden (I believe the lady's exact words were: "what are we supposed to do? read their minds?" Tee hee!!).

#3. I like barns. Lots and lots. Almost as much as I love haybales. I was trying to be very safe on the roads, yet still grab some photos of barns and silos (no haybale pictures this time 'round) while driving.

#4. My little last-minute detour to Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin. Lucas was so excited when we pulled into the parking lot and he noticed where we were. He kept telling me about the green plow, and how this was his favourite place...he was giddy! The green "plow" below is actually a grader. Lucas spends 90% of his museum time in this thing.
 It has lots of knobs and handles that you can pull and windows to peek out of.

#5. My Grandpa used to own a truck like this. I have a photo of him and I in it when I was just a youngin. It started out all rusty and beat right up (no brakes...and yet we drove it this way!!), and ended up looking an awful lot like the one in the photo. I wonder what happened to his...

#6. I thought this truck was so rad...it kind of looks like Mac from the Cars movie. It was huge.

And that's all I have to say about that...

Tomorrow I'm hoping to have the next Blogger FYI up for ya...I'm still working on some code stuff.

Then Thursday I'm going to post my TM-decor photos! Eek! Jill and I worked on the display at the store on Monday and it turned out so perfectly...if I do say so myself. The theme is "Garden Party". I made a couple of assemblages for it, and brought a bunch of stuff from home. It has inspired me to do something fun and new in my house, so watch for that post coming up soon as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!