Friday, April 29, 2011

Dwayne the Bathtub, I'm Dwowning.

That was always the best knock knock joke when I was a kid! Good times. Lucas is really bad at telling knock knock jokes...he usually either explains the joke without actually telling the joke. Or he just makes an observation and then laughs at the end. Oh my.

Anyhoo...on to my actual point...I have been feeling so drained lately. Between my course, Zumba starting up again, AGM with the League, Lucas' health stuff, and Russ bringing work home pretty much every night, we are stretched pretty thin over here right now. I try to get a moment to myself to work on some Lime Door stuff, or play in my studio, but I always feel guilty about it because my house is also a total sty right now, and housework is just not on the agenda.

I really wanted to take some time off after my course finishes (on Saturday! YAY!), and take care of things around the house, but I get to play "babysitter" next week at work (don't get me started...) and the week after, and then before I know it May will be over...god just typing all of this is stressing me out!

I need a break. I need more than a moment to myself, I need a whole day! (I would love a week, but that ain't going to happen!)

Breathe Lisa, Breathe.

I came up with a way to combine my course with my need to create something today. We have to give a super short presentation tomorrow, outlining our "Outreach Plan" and what types of things we want to do in our communities after the course is finished. I want to create a "visual aid" to go with, and what better way to show my passion for the environment, than using my passion for the arts. Typing this is already making me feel much better!

My creative goal today is to create a painting celebrating my passion and my goals for the Master Composter and Recycler Program.

It sounds kind of (totally) corny, but knowing that I need to make time for this stuff is different than committing to it, and following through.

I am inspired by this post on Julie's blog about some fun misting techniques she uses in her art journals. This looks like such fun to me, and I can't wait to play with the paints tonight after Lucas goes to bed!

Now, tomorrow is another day, and I will have to find another way to re-energize. I get to work the crop tomorrow night, so I'm hoping that it will go smooth and I will have fun chatting with the Scrappers and just hanging out.

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!