Friday, March 18, 2011

This post is dedicated to...the colour peach

What!? Peach!!

Yes. That most 80s/90s of colours.

Can't you just see the fluffy hair, cut offs and those mom shoes!?! Which are all back in style again! Yikes!

I have recently purged all my closets of the colour pink, but I feel I am missing out on something decidedly girly in my wardrobe. But I won't go back to the bubblegum pinks of my youth. No sirree.


I feel that I can get behind the colour peach. I really do. And these photos are good inspiration for me...

I've been checking out Polyvore, and I can see this becoming a new and dangerous site for me! I was originally inspired to look into peach by a ring in this store. Moorea makes beautiful, natural and organic-looking jewellry, out of rocks and leather! There was this one peach quartz ring that had my heart all a-quiver, but it's not there anymore! ACK! I wish I had saved a picture or something, because it was really to-die-for.

Anyhoo...
I wandered over to Value Village yesterday with this colour in mind. I was determined to look only in the peach sections of the racks, and come away with something fabulous. Well, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

But I made some surprising peach-purchases, and came away with a couple of non-peach items as well (did you actually think I could actually stick to my plan in there??)

Floral Skirt
Inspired by: those floral tights in the first picture. Yowza!

I am thinking of wearing it as a dress (like this look) with some grey tights and a turquoise belt. And maybe a fabulous peach headband! It's a little bit see-through, even with the lining, so I might have to make some adjustments so I don't scar(e) the neighbours...more than I already have, I mean!!

Lacey Cami
Inspired by: the textures on the chairs and drapes in the third photo.

I couldn't resist this little tank originally from Old Navy, of all places. It's lacey and pretty, but when I tried it on over top of a navy tank top and the look changed instantly...and it was still great! I can see myself wearing it in combination with the skirt/dress above in the summer.


Tacky Polyester Dress
Inspired by: Who Cares? I'm so in love with this Made in Canada dress...but it doesn't fit the lower half of me so I am making it into a shirt! EEK! The navy and the peach is so perfect together!


Other things on tap for today:
- Finish up some mini-albums I'm working on (HA! Like this will happen)
- Laundry and dishes (Boo-urns...but I have a little helper monkey to make the jobs go faster)
- Stop by TM and make some purchases (most likely...duh)
- Do some blog-editing for TM (Done! Take that Friday!)

Speaking of colour...please check out my buddy Jill's fabulous new website to go with her fabulous new company. Yes sirree...I like to surround myself with strong independent business women...who are younger than me! They keep me on my toes!

Tilt Staging and Design

later skater alligator

P.S. We are getting a new front door today. And the installation process has left me feeling very cold...literally...

1 comment:

  1. Peach is my LEAST favorite colour. Ahd for some insane reason, I painted my living room peach once. You have some cool photos here though.

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!