Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Teach...

I love to teach scrapbooking and art-making classes. Lurve. But I don't always find success in these endeavors. Meaning, I don't get the student response I am hoping for when I create the demos and the projects.

And every month I say I'm going to stop, and then eat my words when I design another class or two. You can kick me when I'm down, but I'm just going to keep getting up, brushing the dirt off, and trying again.

My last class for March is on Saturday...and it is one I really love...my Caged Bird Triptych!

And next month I am taking a break from teaching, as I am going to be super busy taking a class from the City.

And then in May I am back with at least two more classes...one album class and one layout class. Below are photos from the layout class. Thanks to Jill for staging the first one for me...she's big into how the presentation of items effects the sale of said items. I think she is just what I need right now!

I am proud of them all! I love the colours and content, and techniques and materials. I love how I incorporate the Treasured Memories vibe into all of them, using products we stock, highlighting products we love! Also, they run no matter what...even if I only have one student enrolled!

Here is the link to the classes blog if any of you have a free Saturday coming up and want to join me for some fun times...TM Classes.

Sometimes I get down on myself when I don't get the response I think the classes deserve. So this week I'm going to take this photo and this sentiment to heart. Thanks Nadine for the reminder...
source...the beautiful ordinary

later skater alligator

5 comments:

  1. Dangit...I had a lengthy comment posted about how awesome the bird cage one is. Like AWESOME. Rambling types of awesome. And then Blogger deleted it and sent me to some home page. Jerks.

    Anyway...I wish I could do those things, and I might ask the money maker about whether our budget allows for me to suddenly be into these types of things. Suddenly being...2 days is notice riiiight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this was a class you could offer online via video! I would love to join the class, but I live in Oklahoma! Maybe something for the future? You sell the kits/class video online and we participate? The triptych birdcage piece is gorgeous! The other ones look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your album in the store yesterday and immediately know it was yours-it is STUNNING! I only wish I could be there to take the calss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there!!! Lovely blog! Gonna have to add it to the bloglovin list.

    Patty
    Coloredsprinkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, I just signed up :) I'm glad you posted this, as I remember seeing it on the TM blog and wasn't sure about the date at that time, then forgot. See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

While I don't individually reply to each comment, I want to say "Thanks for commenting!" If you have a specific question about a post, please send me an email!